Our Mission is to provide students with the necessary skills of both mind and heart that will enable them to approach life with a sense of inquiry and purpose. We believe that the environment, which encourages the fullest development of student's potential, is one that affords the opportunity to explore creative as well as intellectual abilities. We believe in working together in a spirit of co-operation, not conformity, seeking to cultivate and express what is excellent in each.
Intellectual curiosity and a spirit of inquiry are the activating factors in the educational process, while active participation in school community builds caring and responsible individuals, promoting lives of integrity, awareness and purpose.
Life can be lived in its fullest sense through life long efforts towards personal development and growth.
At BNLP to fulfill our mission we:
- Prepare students for college study and lifelong learning.
- Promote compassion, understanding, respect and responsibility towards others.
- Promote self - inquiry and the fullest expression of one's talents.
- Challenge and support each student.
- Celebrate beauty, diversity and wonder.
- Foster a sense of appreciation for the world views, arts and history of diverse cultures.
- Teach skills of self learning, sound, thinking, effective reading, clear writing and objective inquiry.
- Promote altruism, ethical reflection, independent thought and creative expression.
- Develop a harmony of mind, body and spirit.
- Foster an appreciation of the interdependence of all species and a spirit of responsibility and reciprocity towards our earth community.